Congratulations on completing your taxes.
Now you're wondering: When will the IRS send my refund?
- For your federal (IRS) refund, wait at least 72 hours after your e-file has been accepted or 4 weeks after mailing your return.
- This gives the IRS time to update their system with your information.
- After the wait period is over, visit the IRS "Where's My Refund" page to look up the status of your refund.
- For your state refund, go down to the How to Track your State Refund section.
How to Track your State Refund
Should you need information about your state tax refund, here are 2 ways to track your state tax refund:
1. Download our free MyTaxRefund app — You can check the status of both your e-filed federal and state return.
2. Select your state to access your state tax agency's refund lookup service. (States not listed don't collect income tax. More info)
Each state sets its own schedule for processing tax returns, but sometimes situations change how they process returns. While TurboTax works hard to have the latest information, state agencies are the source for refund information.
Credits : www.irs.gov | www.michigan.gov | www.wikipedia.org | www.section179.org | www.about.com | www.ehow.com | www.turbotax.intuit.com | http://www.taxfoundation.org